I’m interested in every aspect of programming, but concentrate in backend and game. I usually blog about coding, and sometimes also write about books, manga and other random stuffs.
- Bachelor Degree at Ho Chi Minh City University of Science
- Third prize in HCMUS 2010 ACM-ICPC contest
- Third prize in Vietnam 2011 ACM-ICPC contest
June 2019 - Now: Software Engineer at Ascenda
Nov 2018 - May 2019: Software Engineer at SalesWhale
- Revamp import/enrolment flow to simplify the process
- Refactor critical part of Gmail/Outlook integration to make the system more stable
July 2018 - Jun 2019: Software Engineer at StadiumGoods
- Maintain multiple applications to connect with suppliers
- Most noteable contribution: Price notifications and recommendations for sellers
- Build Mobile Application API to proxy call from Mobile App to multiple backend services
Sep 2015 - July 2018: Software Engineer at TINYpulse
- Double the userbase from 150k to 300k users without any major issues
- Refactor survey generating tool to make it 10x faster
- Rework the Question Management module (most requested feature) to make it faster and more flexible
- Build Central Authentication module as the foundation of the transformation of TINYpulse from a monolithic application to a platform
Dec 2014 - Aug 2015: Software Engineer at PLZ
- Develop betting system which supports real-time betting
- Build API server in Ruby which can serve upto 1k requests/sec on a single standard Digital Ocean instance
Jun 2012 - Dec 2014: Software Engineer at EastAgile
- Develop several RoR applications for different startups in Silicon Valley
- Most notably: improve loading time for transactions page of InDinero from 120s to 3s
- Train new intern and improve company software process
Sep 2011 - Mar 2012: Intern at AILAB, HCMC University of Science
- Build tool to pre-process raw data for ISago, a speech processing application which can help people search for food/location in Saigon using Vietnamese.
Jun 2011 - Sep 2011: Intern at eSilicon
- Develop SKILL program to generate chip design from specification data
I am admin of Ruby-Vietnam, a community of ~2000 developers in Vietnam. From 2015, I help Trung Le, founder of the community, organize events in Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Noi. There has been more than 20 meetups and hacknite since then.
Below are a few talks I present at the meetups:
- hanoi.rb 2014 - Using Arel to refactor big queries
- hcmc.rb 2015 - Introduce to Warden
- hcmc.rb 2016 - Behind Rails magic
- TINYpulse 2018 - Better reviewer
- TINYpulse 2018 - Isolation Levels
- Ascenda 2019 - Isolation Levels
- Ascenda 2019 - Introduction to Fuzzing
In 2015-2016, I helped GIVEasia, a crowd-funding platform for charity events, as volunteer developer. The most notable feature that I developed there is the recurring payment module.
From 2018, I work on Kipalog, a knowledge sharing platform for Vietnamese developers, to improve performance and test coverage. Occasionally, I also develop new features to improve the user experience.